About Destination Basingstoke
Destination Basingstoke is an independent, not-for-profit company working with businesses and other partners to promote Basingstoke and the surrounding area for its quality of life and quality of business.
We aim to give the area the clear, positive, national profile it deserves - as a vibrant, ambitious location, achieved through a range of projects and events.
- To position Basingstoke as a business destination that can continue to successfully compete in a national and international market.
- To demonstrate what a great place Basingstoke and Deane is to live, work and visit through a range of projects and events.
Destination Basingstoke is a not-for-profit, limited company. The ten board members have been selected for their wide professional skills and experience and, just as importantly, their commitment and enthusiasm for Basingstoke as a successful business location. Our board members come from all sectors of the business community and work with a range of sponsors. Meet the staff and directors and our Ambassadors.
This web site has been developed to be a powerful tool for anyone wanting to know about the area - whether they are businesses, residents, investors, visitors or the media - we hope you agree it has a comprehensive array of information - whatever your interest.
As a small, not-for-profit company we don't have huge marketing budgets so we prefer to demonstrate the assets of the area through actions, and we have an ambitious programme of projects, all funded through sponsorship and business support -we would be pleased to tell you more about, including:
- The perk card scheme - a staff discount scheme that we developed for local employers - offering an incentive for staff to buy locally and save money, now boasting around 10,000 cardholders in the area.
- INSPIRE Business Awards - we organise and manage the biggest business awards in the south
- In 2011 we organised and ran (excuse the pun!) the first Basingstoke Half Marathon - which is attracted interest from all over the UK - it was so successful we did it again last year and are now planning the 2013 event.
- We manage the annual 'Place to be Proud of Awards' - to celebrate the community's contribution to the quality of life in this area.
Destination Basingstoke and this web site are funded through income from projects such as the Membership Scheme and from PERK sponsorship from local partners. We also offer advertising opportunities on this web site for only £50 month
If you have comments, suggestions or want to get involved in any of the projects above give us a call on 01256 461167 or email
Destination Basingstoke Ltd.
The Innovation Centre
A Company Limited by Guarantee in England No 4789569 VAT Registration No 823 5950 22