Basingstoke & Sport
An extensive range of sporting and leisure facilities for all the family.
Modern sporting facilities within Basingstoke include the popular town centre Sports Centre, Tadley Swimming Pool, Queen Mary’s College Sports Centre, Power League multi-purpose pitches and the Leisure Park complex consisting of the Aquadrome, Bowlplex, Planet Ice and a pitch and putt golf course.
Basingstoke’s wide variety of sports clubs cater for people of of all ages and abilities. The Borough's main clubs include:
- Basingstoke & Mid Hants Athletics Club
- Basingstoke & North Hants Cricket Club
- Basingstoke & District Badminton League
- Basingstoke Gymnastic Club
- Basingstoke Hockey Club
- Basingstoke Junior Bison Ice Hockey
- Basingstoke Bison Ice Hockey
- Basingstoke Ice Skating Club
- Basingstoke Rugby Club
- Basingstoke Bluefins Swimming Club
- Basingstoke & District Table Tennis League
- Basingstoke Volleyball Club
- Totally Tennis
- Basingstoke Bobcats and Basingstoke Blizzards Basketball
- Basingstoke Wolverines
Spectator sports within the Borough include:
A comprehensive list of all clubs and facilities within the Borough can be found at the county sports database.
There are a number of initiatives within Basingstoke that provide opportunities to get involved within sport:
- ‘Return to Sport’ programmes aim to provide exciting 6-8 week taster sessions for over-16s within the town.
- ‘Sport Unlimited’ aims to provide similar sessions to ‘semi sporty’ children and offer new sporting experiences to 11-19 year olds.
- ‘Walking the Way to Health’ programme focuses on getting people from all walks of life involved in regular social walks.
Annual Sports Awards
With the town brimming with world champions and Olympic hopefuls, the Basingstoke Sports Council organises annual awards to recognise the amazing range of sporting talent in the area. Find out about the 2011 Awards.